Inbound Marketing University - a must for marketers!
- How to Blog Effectively for Business, with Ann Handley & Mack Collier, MarketingProfs
- SEO Crash Course to Get Found, with Lee Odden, Top Rank Marketing
- Social Media and Building Community, with Chris Brogan, New Marketing Labs
- Successful Business Uses for Facebook and LinkedIn, with Elyse Tager, elymedia
- Viral Marketing and World Wide Raves, with David Meerman Scott, author of New Rules of Marketing & PR and World Wide Raves
- Advanced SEO Tactics: On Beyond Keyword Research, with Rand Fishkin, SEOmoz
- Calls to Action and Landing Page Best Practices with Jeanne Hopkins, MECLABS, Marketing Experiments
- Inbound Lead Nurturing, with Brian Carroll, MECLABS, InTouch
- Successful Email Marketing with Eric Groves, Constant Contact
- Analyzing Inbound Marketing with Marshall Sponder, Monster.com, Web Analytics Association for Social Media
The series concluded with a wrap-up session, led by Mike Volpe, a Hubspot VP, and also included a certification exam. I dutifully attended all of the classes, tweeted with my classmates, attended the review session...and found the test (surprisingly) challenging. Makes the certification very desirable!
With a very few exceptions, the speakers were all outstanding. I especially enjoyed David Meerman Scott's presentation—if you ever have the chance to hear him in person, run, don't walk, to buy tickets. I had never considered writing an e-book before hearing David's class, but he was so inspiring that I recently added that to my "must do" list. Chris Brogan's discussion on Social Media and Building Community was very enlightening; they don't call him a social media rockstar for nothing. And the SEO classes made me wish that I had the budget to overhaul my corporate website again—but that's a topic for another day.
The Hubspot team did an amazing job coordinating this massive project, and also went above and beyond the call of duty to help us all keep in touch with our fellow classmates, developing its own online forums, and creating groups on both LinkedIn and Facebook. Bravo!
If you're looking to get up to speed on all things inbound marketing, you MUST attend IMU. For those who didn't attend the series, Hubspot is offering more classes later this summer, and the full IMU program will make an encore appearance in August. Don't miss out.